High School Athletics Opportunities
Many Mercy Academy students are active participants on public school sports teams throughout the Monadnock Region. If you are interested in participating in NHIAA public school athletics (which all private school students are permitted to do), please contact the SAU associated with the town in which you reside. The current Athletics Director contacts are:
Mike Atkins (Keene HS) firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Cote (Monadnock Regional MHS) email@example.com
Gordan Dansereau (Fall Mountain Regional HS) firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Proctor (Conval HS) email@example.com
Kevin (Sam) Kilelee (Hinsdale MHS) firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Linstad (Conant HS) email@example.com
Please check the school websites regularly for detailed information on available sports offered in the Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons. Athletics offices will be able to assist with any questions regarding the sport you may be interested in and the proper registration process.
• It is very important to plan ahead. Sports sign-ups begin the season immediately prior to the sport's season (e.g. soccer
signups begin in the late Summer since soccer is played in the Fall).
• Obtain scheduled dates for tryouts and pre-season training.
• Pre-season training programs may occur in the off-season.
• Your school may have informational meetings for parents prior to each season.
• Physicals are required to play. Some of the schools offer free physical exams, so inquire in advance with the athletics office.
• If your home SAU does not offer a sport that you would like to play, you may be able to participate in another SAU that does
offer that sport. Be sure to inquire with the appropriate athletics director.
• If you are ABSENT from school, you may not attend practices or games.
• Mercy supports your participation in athletics! Please communicate well in advance with teachers and the Main Office if you
ever have to leave early for games, so everyone can plan for missed class time.
If you have questions, please contact Miss Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our Lady of Mercy Academy is cleared by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Eligibility Center. This means that our courses and proof of graduation may be used in the NCAA initial-eligibility certification process for any of our student-athletes who may be continuing to participate in sports in college. The NCAA has specific eligibility requirements that student-athletes must meet in order to compete in NCAA-sponsored sports. Please see the NCAA Eligibility Center for all of the details.